Rules and Regulations of the Examination Process

  1. M.A. / M.Sc. degree will be awarded to those students who will complete a total of 64 credits (4 semesters) in a minimum of two years and maximum of five years.
  2. The evaluation scheme for each course shall contain two parts: (a) Semester-end evaluation and (b) Internal Assessment. 20 per cent weightage shall be given to internal assessment and the remaining 80 per cent to semester-end evaluation.
  3. There will be two internal assessments of MCQ type preferably in online mode. First Internal assessment will be conducted on 8th / 9th week of the semester and the second internal assessment will be conducted in 16th/ 17th week. Final examination will consist of conventional type questions.
  4. If a candidate fails to appear the internal assessment or obtains low-marks, s/he will get two further chances for appearing the internal assessments.
  5. A candidate shall be allowed to appear at any of the semester-end examinations if s/he has attended 75 per cent or above of the course lectures held during that semester. If the attendance falls short of 75 per cent but not below 60 per cent, s/he will be allowed to appear at the examination as non-collegiate candidate on payment of requisite fees. Candidates attending less than 60 per cent classes in any semester will be treated as discollegiate.
  6. For Practical based subjects, attendance in practical PCP is mandatory. After successful completion of Practical PCP, the candidate will have to appear in the practical examination. After successful completion of practical examination, a certificate will be issued which is required to appear in the theoretical examination.
  7. Students enrolled for Post-Graduate programme during the 2018-20 academic sessions shall complete the course approximately in August 2020. Final mark-sheet is expected to be handed over to them by October 2020.
  8. The authority may change its decision if required. In that case, all information will be disseminated through the website of DODL, KU.